cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Atrocious Connection, Resetting 6 time a day or more!

laram
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 50 of 50

I have no idea whats going on with my internet but I'm losing connection and constantly dropping from wifi, at times the router isn't even available to be connected to on my computer. I know its not my computer because the connectivity is just as bad on other devices and I can still connect to other connection points when the talktalk point has vanished. It's been like this pretty much since those storms rocked the country and I was fully expecting it to improve as repair works were carried out but apparently not. What's going on? At this point I'm so incredibly sick of the poor service that I'm ready to bite the inevitable bullet of moving charges mid contract.

0 Likes
49 REPLIES 49

Message 1 of 50

Thanks for your help @KeithFrench 

@laram  I'm just sending you a Private Message.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 50

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk @Michelle-TalkTalk @Chris-TalkTalk 

I have been doing some WiFi analysis with this customer via PMs. Whilst there is no WiFi interference at all, the problem is that the signal strength is very poor. It is not feasible to reposition the Sagemcom router, so would it be possible to supply this customer with the Sagemcom FAST266 Wi-Fi Booster for free?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 50

I will PM you a link for a guide of mine on Wi-Fi interference & initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This section includes full details of Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you.

Please post the screenshots to me in a PM (to protect your privacy), which I have requested in my guide. No photos please they can be difficult to read as text can get out of focus when zoomed in, from the analyser you are using (also in my attached guide). Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button (in a mobile browser it's the picture icon) on the post editor's toolbar with the Size parameter set to Large. If they are too small, I will not be able to read them & although I can enlarge them, this puts the text out of focus. 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

laram
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 50

The connection does appear to drop on devices at the same time yes, I experimented with my phone as well as the pc and it has connectivity issues at the same time. I wouldn't mind a guide. Apologies for the delay in response.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 50

Hi @laram 

In light of @Chris-TalkTalk post, I can offer a lot of help with this, but I can't remember if I have sent you my diagnostics guide on this or not. If you want my help, please let me know.

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 6 of 50

Hi Iaram,

If doesn't look as though the internet connection is dropping, it could be the wifi connection that's dropping as the only reconnections showing is one on the 15th and one on the 18th. Does the connection appear to drop on all devices at the same time?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 50

Apologies I didnt get an email about this reply it seems. As far as I can tell it seems to be white usually when this happens.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 50

Hi Iaram,

Does the light change on your router when the connection drops?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 50

Still experiencing drops today as a matter of fact.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 50

I was still experiencing some connectivity issues last night in the late hours last night. I'm not sure if it was bad luck or something still wrong.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 50

OK, just let us know if you experience any further problems

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 50

I has some connectivity issues last nioght but I'm not sure if it was just because of the weather or not so I would like a day or two to see how it holds up before I'm happy to close the issue if that's alright?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 50

Hi laram

Openreach have now closed the fault as resolved. Is everything working ok now?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 50

Morning,

I can see that the fault was assigned to an engineer this morning so we'll check later on this afternoon for a further update.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 50

I'm supposed to be getting an engineer out today though I'm not sure what they'll be able to accomplish since the last one said they'd need the help of scaffolding to reach the box on the wall outside and had asked for that to be installed or was going to, and that hasn't occured.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 50

Morning,

Thanks for the update. Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 50

There appears to be work scheduled for today that include scaffolding but I dont know if thats happened yet.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 50

Hi laram

Do you still need help with this fault?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 50

Hi laram

Have Openreach made contact with you today?

They have left notes on the fault ticket today to say another appointment needs to be arranged.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 50

Hi laram

That's great, thank you.

I will check in again with you after the engineer visit.

Debbie

0 Likes