cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Can't change HomeSafe settings

CypherFlux
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

When I try to adjust my HomeSafe security settings (used for blocking or unblocking websites) I get this error when I go to the page:

There was a technical error

We’re sorry and working hard to resolve this. Please try again later.

I cleared my cookies, I tried using another browser, I tried using my mobile signal on my phone to login and I still got the same error. It doesn't even show my settings, it just tells me there's a technical error. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Please start your own thread, @Michaelco.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Michaelco
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

I have the same problem; have been contacting Talktalk, but still not fixed.

mc
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

That's great, thanks for letting us know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

CypherFlux
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

Hi,

I was able to access the settings again after a couple of weeks, and I’m still able to access them now.

Thanks again for your help Ady.

Message 5 of 10

Hi YIMann, if you need me to change some Homesafe settings please start a new topic and I'll be happy to help. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

YIMann
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

Hello CypherFlux, did TalkTalk ever fix this problem for you? I am having exactly the same problem, and have been unable to change any security settings since early December. I keep getting fobbed off with 'our web engineers are working on  it'. Thanks.

Message 7 of 10

Of course. It's done. If you need anything else just ask. 

Ady

CypherFlux
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Hi Ady,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I am only responding now. I see that you were able to temporarily make changes to the HomeSafe settings (I got 2 emails telling me about it), but unfortunately I'm still unable to see the settings myself.

I have tried using a different browser, and also I tried using the mobile signal on my phone instead of my Wi-Fi to rule out any issues, but I still get the same result. I don't think the device I'm using is the cause of this, because I was able to access the settings a few weeks ago on the device I'm using now (my laptop). Maybe it's because of some setting I have changed on my devices that could be causing it, or a recent update to my devices.

I will try again in a couple of weeks to access it and see if using a different brand of device might allow me to see the settings, but for now could you please remove anything that I have enabled on it like any categories or websites that are blocked (or allowed websites), and make it so there is nothing set there?

Thank you

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi CypherFlux, I've tested this on a TalkTalk connection and a non TalkTalk connection and both times I was able to make the changes without error. Are you now able to make changes to your settings?

Ady