cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Atrocious Connection, Resetting 6 time a day or more!

laram
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 50 of 50

I have no idea whats going on with my internet but I'm losing connection and constantly dropping from wifi, at times the router isn't even available to be connected to on my computer. I know its not my computer because the connectivity is just as bad on other devices and I can still connect to other connection points when the talktalk point has vanished. It's been like this pretty much since those storms rocked the country and I was fully expecting it to improve as repair works were carried out but apparently not. What's going on? At this point I'm so incredibly sick of the poor service that I'm ready to bite the inevitable bullet of moving charges mid contract.

0 Likes
49 REPLIES 49

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 50

The 5C is covered in my attached guide.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 42 of 50

Hi Iaram

Could you post a photo of the socket please, if possible

Chris

0 Likes

Message 43 of 50

It says Master Socket 5C on it, I believe its the third option shown there. There is something blocked by a solid p[iece of semi transparent plastic which I can't remove, attempting to do so nearly pulled the entire unit off the wall.

0 Likes

Message 44 of 50

Hi,

Can I just confirm, does your main socket look like the below?

Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 45 of 50

I've seen both white and orange lights. As for the test socket I'm afraid I dont seem to have one, there's only a single socket when the protective cover is removed, so I can't change where it's plugged in.

0 Likes

Message 46 of 50

Hi laram

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test and this has detected a potential fault. Would it be possible to connect the router directly at the test socket so I can run one more line test in this set up?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 47 of 50

What happens to the light on the front of this router when you encounter these resets?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 48 of 50

The brand name on it seems to be SAGEMCOM rather than Huawei.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 50

What make/model of router are you using, is it the Huawei DG8041W with firmware V1.08 by any chance? If so this is easily rectified.

Keith

0 Likes