cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Daily internet dropouts at very specific times.

LiamVxT
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 54 of 54

Hello,

My internet drops out at 13:55 and 19:55 daily for a few seconds. It's not a long time but I work from home and this causes important work calls to cut out etc. if they're at these times.

This happens on all devices, so it is not the device(s) at fault.

This happens to devices both on WiFi and ethernet, so it's not a WiFi/Ethernet issue

The router remains powered on, and the devices remain connected to it

I know the above by running constant ping tests, and each day at the same times for 5 - 6 seconds, the internet drops out.

Chat support have determined there's no problem with the line, the router has been factory reset, but the issue remains.

It seems likely a task/service is running at these times either on the router, or on the ISP's end. I have not been able to get anywhere with the live chat as they want to run constant line tests, which find no problems.

0 Likes
53 REPLIES 53

Message 1 of 54

@LiamVxT That's a shame to hear, I was hoping you'd have some insight to what's caused it and what the fix was! As you'll have seen from my daily updates, I'm not making much progress, there's a new router on the way and another visit on Monday.. will see how that goes but I don't hold out much hope as it would be very unlikely both my own router and talk talks are both faulty... not sure how a third router is going to help..

LiamVxT
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 54

I've requested they close this case because I've given up on anyone finding a solution.

The last thing the escalation team have come up with is to send out an Openreach engineer, with the condition that if the fault is found to be on my "property boundary" then I will be charged. Not really worth the risk of the OR engineer determining "Whilst we can see it's not your devices, or router, we also can't find any problems on our end". The escalation team are unable to guarantee I wont be charged, nor are they willing to cover the charge if OR decide to be awkward.

Over the past 2 months I've had about 1 call a week basically asking "Is the issue still happening?", I tell them yes, and I get "Right, we're still looking into it". The engineer visit is like a respectable plan to get me to say "No thanks" as I don't want to be charged. Throwing the 1000KG ball into my court.

I'll just be dealing with the issue until I can leave talktalk at the end of my contract I suppose.

Mainly posting this message for anyone in the future with the same issue who has the same fault, rather than leaving them thinking "How did they fix it?". They didn't.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 54

@Luket92  I'm having the same issue but worse, at least 2 times an hour : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Intermittent-WAN-Connection/m-p/3032745#M864332

0 Likes

LiamVxT
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 54

I don't actually see those same log entries at the time of the dropouts, but do at other times where I don't have dropouts.

I'll keep an eye on your thread, thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 54

Hi Liam,

I've posted my fault here, if you'd like to follow in case any information useful to you is revealed.

Out of interest, if you check your router logs for the dropout times, do you see messages similar to the ones I've posted?

Cheers,
Luke

0 Likes

Message 6 of 54

Hi Liam,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've checked the fault ticket and I can see that the team are still investigating this particular issue. 

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 54

They are, but it's not going anywhere. It's a call once a week to basically see if the issue resolved itself yet, which it never will do.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 54

Hi Liam,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, are the team keeping in touch with you?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 54

Hello,

Nope, this is still on going with the "escalations team" who have no idea what's going on, and aren't any closer to resolving it.

If you do somehow get yours resolved, please let me know how.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 54

Hi Luke,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Luket92
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 54

Hi, 

Did this ever get resolved? I've been experiencing the same issue: dropouts at 10.06am every day across all devices. I've had a new router and the problem remains, but no faults are found on the line when a live test is performed

Need to get this sorted 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 54

OK, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 54

Apparently I should hear back from the team looking at it today.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 54

Morning Liam,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 54

OK thanks Liam, hopefully they'll get to the bottom of it

Chris

Message 16 of 54

Hi Michelle,

Yes someone gave me a call, I provided evidence of the problem to them, and now they're looking into it and will get back to me in 3 - 5 days apparently.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 54

Hi Liam,

Have our Faults Team been in contact since our last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 18 of 54

OK thanks, I'll pass this over to our network team. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly

Thanks

Chris

LiamVxT
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 54

I just set up my landline phone as I didn't previously have it connected

Dialed the number and it does tell me the correct number

0 Likes

Message 20 of 54

OK thanks. I've checked the connection history again for the last 3 days and not showing any unavailable seconds and no error seconds. Could you dial 17070 from your TalkTalk landline, and confirm that the number read back to you is your telephone number. I just want to make sure that you've not got a crossed line

Chris

0 Likes