cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Fast 5364 Firmware

Gibsonic
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi there,

Please could you check that my Fast 5364 router is running the latest firmware? It is currently running SG4K100130. I am having difficulty connecting to my Synology NAS using quickconnect and when I try to set up the router I am getting the message 'Your UPnP router did not pass the compatibility test'.

Many thanks,

Andrew.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Gibsonic
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

Hi Keith,

I have managed to sort this problem. I raised a support ticket with Synology and it turned out to be a problem with login details. I have taken your advice however and managed to set up a static address for the router with port forwarding for the Diskstation .

Many thanks for your help,

Andrew.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Hi @Gibsonic 

@Michelle-TalkTalk has asked me to help you. Is UPnP the only way for this NAS to work? I would never recommend it as UPnP is very insecure, you are always far better off with Port Forwarding & UPnP disabled. UPnP is enabled by default & in V130 it can be disabled within the UI now.

It sounds to me that the NAS is connecting OK & then tries to discover if the router has UPnP enabled or not. It sounds like it is disabled within the router. If you want to know how to enable it, I will tell you, but it is at your own risk.

These are some vulnerabilities when devices are using uPnP.

Any malware etc that manages to infect a device on your local network can utilise UPnP, just like legitimate applications can. Whilst a router normally blocks incoming connections, preventing some malicious access, UPnP could allow a malicious process to bypass the firewall entirely.

There is no mitigating this problem, because UPnP treats all local applications as trustworthy and allows them to forward ports. The only way to make uPnP secure is to disable it.

The much safer approach, in my opinion, is to use Port Forwarding & leave UPnP disabled.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. @KeithFrench - Is this something that you would be able to provide assistance with please?

Thanks

Message 4 of 6

Hi Michelle,

I'm trying to set it up, so it has never worked.

Thanks,

Andrew.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

This is the most recent version of firmware. Did this previously work ok or has this never worked?

Thanks

0 Likes