cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Help Needed - Dropping connection almost daily

TonyWhyte
Participant
Private Message
Message 29 of 29

Hi there, 

Really need some proper help here as I have been let down by live chat 4 times now. First two times I called, I was told they were doing checks on my line and would be back in touch soon, I heard nothing back. 3rd time I was told FW was updated on my router and should resolve issue but they would monitor line and be in touch, I checked FW version and it hadn't been updated at all or rebooted, I also heard nothing back. The last time I called I was old they have found an issue with the line and an engineer was coming out and I would be updated via text, I heard nothing. 

I work from home and my internet disconnects all the time, only fix is to restart the router each time. Pretty much every morning just before 9am it goes off. This has been happening for months now and no one is helping at all. Is any talk talk staff able to help or should I just cancel my contract and look else where. My experience with talk talk has been terrible with this issue. It was fine for years prior to this too.

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 1 of 29

Morning,

How has your connection been over the last few days?

Thanks 🙂

Message 2 of 29
0 Likes

Message 3 of 29

Ok thanks, I'll try the new router and see how it goes.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 29

Thanks for the information. I'd see how it goes with the new router and if the connection is still dropping we could look at arrange a visit from an Openreach engineer

Chris

Message 5 of 29

Hi there, 

Thanks for arranging a new router. I have two wall sockets, attached images (please ignore the peanut) they look like the first option. I use the one in the sitting room (image with peanut) because the one in the comms cupboard doesn't work. It looks like it is damaged.

Thanks

Tony

IMG_7385.jpegIMG_7386.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 6 of 29

I've ordered a replacement router and returns bag to send the old router back in. The router should be with you within a couple of days.

Which type of master socket do you have - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

Message 7 of 29

Ok, it was around 0830 when it went offline and I rebooted it 10 minutes later.

No I don't have a second router but we can try that? Is it possible to get talk talk engineer to have a look at the connection in the house? THe RJ11 socket in the wall looks a bit broken so could be related. I did state this before with support, the said someone was coming out but then no one came.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 29

Error count is low so far today, but there's delay before the data appears so I can only see back to around 6am at the moment. 

Have you tested with a second router? If not then we can arrange to send one

Chris

Message 9 of 29

No on Friday I drove into work as soon as it went offline because I got so fed up with this connection and was too busy to try resolve this again.

How about this morning? How many non available seconds are there?

See since Talk Talk aren't able to provide me with a reliable service, does that breach contract? I need much better uptime than this for my job.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 29

I've checked the real-time data on the Openreach website, there are no non-available seconds for Friday and the error count is very low (zero mostly) all day. Did you reboot the router on Friday?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 29

I have an ethernet available for my laptop, which I have tried but exactly the same thing happened.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 29

Do you have any devices connected by Ethernet cable?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 29

No error messages, just no internet access. Happens on all devices connected to WiFi. So 5 that are used around that time.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 29

Do you get an error message on the device that you are using? Are you unable to access the internet on more than one device when the connection appear to drop?

Chris

TonyWhyte
Participant
Private Message
Message 15 of 29

Hi there, 

It did it on Friday too. I feel it must be related to congestion from people starting work at that time, seems far to coincidental.

No lights change, when I connect to the Hub, it shows that everything is working fine and connected also even though it clearly isn't.

Thanks

Tony

0 Likes

Message 16 of 29

Hi Tony,

Is this the first day that it's happened again? Does the light change on the router when the connection drops?

Chris

0 Likes

TonyWhyte
Participant
Private Message
Message 17 of 29

Hi there, 

The issue went away last week but it's back again. Exactly the same as before, every day between 0830 and 0900 it goes offline and I need to restart router. Is it possible to get this sorted permanently?

Thanks

Tony

0 Likes

Message 18 of 29

Morning,

We've received an update to advise that Openreach have resolved a fault on the line. I've re-run the line tests and they are now clear. How is your connection at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

TonyWhyte
Participant
Private Message
Message 19 of 29

Hi Chris, looks like somone has just closed it off without doing anything again. Can you check please? I can't think of any IT/Telephony issues that take a few days to settle off the top of my head.

TonyWhyte_0-1673279053008.png

0 Likes

Message 20 of 29

No problem Tony 🙂

Chris

0 Likes