cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Losing internet connection 50+ times a day

mrbendy
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

My internet connection is constantly dropping.  It works for two days then goes mad for two days, then works for a few days etc it's completely random. I've tried 3 different routers and this happens with all of them. I've tried using the direct connection by using the test socket with the same results

Router- HG633

hardware- H.1.01.

software- v1.21. 

thanks

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

No Problem 🙂

Lets see what Openreach can find out.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi, the phone's been fine, no crackles as such. thanks for the quick response.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi

Can you check the home phone and confirm there are no crackles on the line, just a clear dial tone ?

Tests are showing a possible copper joint issue.  I've raised a fault to Openreach so they can take a look.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

I've had the router up & running for three days, unfortunately all the issues have remained the same.  What now please?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

thanks😎

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi

A router is on the way to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 8 of 12

yes please, thanks😀

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hello,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line now which is clear, however I can see some re-connections on the line. The HG633 is one of our older routers. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to see how the connection compares and to rule this out?

Thanks

Michelle

mrbendy
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

Profile Updated.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes