cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet/broken router - green flashing light

SB2022
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi there,

Yesterday evening our router (Huawei) accidentally got knocked over and since then we’ve had no internet. The green wireless light keeps flashing and the power light remains on - there’s no other lights on other than those two.

Apparently there’s no internet  despite being able to connect to the Wi-Fi on different devices and running connections tests which show there is a good

connection.

I’ve reported this to the help desk via chat but I’ve not had any luck or help with an engineer/delivery of a new router. There seems to coincidentally be an issue with the network (though running my tests do not confirm this or show I have an  issue). I felt fobbed off by the customer service I received - really disappointing and not ok!

It’s clear to me that the router is obviously compromised since it got knocked over. Again, it was working completely fine before this.

We desperately need a replacement router sent or engineer asap as we have a disabled child in the house during this Xmas period and family members who work from home - this is really frustrating with no internet.

please help? 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

So glad to hear that this is now resolved.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi there, I bought a new DSL cable and it seems to work now - I suspected it got damaged after some googling…

thanks for your help (better than the report a fault chat people!) now resolved 🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

OK thanks for trying that. Could you reset your router to factory default setting and retest - Restore your router to factory settings - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi, I did this a few times and just did it now and it’s still the same. It doesn’t work (green wireless light flashing). 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi SB2022,

Could you switch the router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Can you also make sure that all the cables are seated correctly

Chris

0 Likes

SB2022
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi Karl, I think I’ve done it - can you check? I added both the account number and landline (working off a phone so it’s a bit tricky to navigate this site)

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number or Account number to your Community Profile. 

We will not attempt to call you, this is so we can locate your account and run tests on your line if you are reporting a fault.

We will then reply via this thread in our Community with any further advice or next steps.

If unsure of your phone number, and if your line is working simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.  Alternatively these details can be found within My Account online or may be on the heading of any paperwork you have received.

Please post back on this thread when this has been done.

Thanks

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes