cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Zscaler keeps dropping every min

emile
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 48 of 48

App ver: 4.2.0.198

For me to WFH I need this VPN on but according to my TECH Bar at work I need to contact my ISP regarding this issue

(talktalk wifi hub = FAST 5364-3 T8)

0 Likes
47 REPLIES 47

Message 1 of 48

Hi emile,

I'm sorry for the delay. The Devices Manager has said that this is still being investigated, no additional updates as yet.

Michelle

Message 2 of 48

Hi,

No additional update as yet, however I will continue to chase this for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 48

Hi emile,

That's great, thank you. I've passed this straight over now and will post back again as soon as I have an update from the team.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 48

22 Mar 24' =

9:07pm - 9:09pm

9:10pm

9:11pm

9:23pm - 9:53pm

25 Mar 24'=

8:40am - 8: 54am (every 1 min to 2 mins disconnect)

(This is the Zscaler dropping in and out whilst connected to the wifi)

0 Likes

Message 5 of 48

Morning,

Thank you. If you are able to provide just a few exact dates and times when the VPN drops then I can pass this to our Devices Team.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 48

from 9am till 4:30pm 
am going to be working from home!
Am trying to send the captured logs/packets but I can't send the file on here because it's 120MB

0 Likes

Message 7 of 48

Hello,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 48

Hi again,

The team have just come back to me and have asked if you can make a few more attempts at accessing the VPN again and make a specific note of the dates and times when the VPN is dropping out as they will be able to check on our side to see if we can see anything at these specific times that may shed some lights on why this is happening.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 48

Hello,

Thank you. I've let our Devices Team know now and will come back to you with an update.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 48

using my work laptop (latitude 5310)
i5 
windows 10 Ent
22h2

0 Likes

Message 11 of 48

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. What device are you using the VPN on please, so make and model of device and also what IOS or software version it has please?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 48

Internet works fine, the only problem I have Is the VPN (zscaler) which allows me to work from home, doesn't work when I connect to the hub/wifi router

0 Likes

Message 13 of 48

Hi again,

Our Devices Team have asked if you could confirm the following please,

If you connect the device that is using the VPN (am assuming it's a work laptop) and connect to the wifi with no VPN connected and browse, does the connection remain stable and doesn't drop? It only drops when you access the VPN only, is this right?

What device are you using the VPN on please, so make and model of device and also what IOS or software version it has please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 48

Morning,

I've been advised that they are looking into this now and am hoping I'll hear back later today.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 48

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information. I've passed this over to our Devices Manager now to see if they have any suggestions and I will post back as soon as I receive an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 16 of 48

when connected to the modem via RJ-45 (ethernet) for 2 hours there was only 1 VPN drop
When connected to the wifi via the hub, my VPN drops every 1-2mins!
When connected to my mobile phone, No drops
When connected to my neigbhours wifi (BT) No Drops

0 Likes

Message 17 of 48

Hi,

So just to confirm, when connected to the different line/network, your vpn connection works perfectly with no drops? It also happens at the Openreach modem with the router removed?

We have seen VPN issues in the past that was caused by certain FW versions on the router, however your router has the most recent version of firmware which should work fine with VPN. I've also re-run the line test now which is clear and the connection looks very stable.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 18 of 48

Sorry I wrote my first reply wrong!  Am still having the same issue with my talktalk wifi

I was sent a new hib to a test, So i conducted one over a week. Connecting to my new hub hasn't solved the issue

(testing my VPN with my phone and neighbours internet, spoken to the Techninican at work & he believes its the ISP becuase this problem has occured in the past for other users on talktalk)

0 Likes

Message 19 of 48

Hi,

Ok thanks for confirming. If the VPN is also dropping when connected to a different network or line then this would suggest a potential issue with the VPN itself and not the line. Have you contacted your IT department to see if they can offer any suggestions?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 20 of 48

The VPN keeps dropping, which is causing issue when connecting to my work tools/portal

0 Likes