cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails from one individual being bounced from my email account

LeDoofer
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 22

A friend reports sending me emails, which used to arrive with now problems, but since the 20th March 2024 they have been bounced from my tiscali.co.uk email (hosted by TalkTalk) with no useful info beyond that they have bounced. He asked his ISP to investigate, they replied: ""I've ran a few more checks and I'm afraid I can't seem to locate anything wrong from our end. There are no blocks placed upon your mailbox/domain and the mailbox appears to be functioning normally. Perhaps it'd be best for the other party to check with their email provider as well to see if they can locate your emails in their server's logs and find out more about this."

Of course, he was able to ask his ISP to check things, but unfortunately for me I have TalkTalk, who don't offer a helpdesk, just hours of irrelevant FAQs.

I need TalkTalk to see what is happening to these messages, find out why they are bouncing.

Anyone know of a help email address?

The account continues to work fine for everyone else every day, I see no errors reported this end, I've never put a block on his address, I'm well below my storage quota.

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 22

If the mail message has been bounced back from TalkTalk servers as undeliverable there will be a description and a TT 3 digit error code eg TT991. Knowing the error code will help to identify why the message is not delivered.

If there's no TT error code then the bounce back is not by TalkTalk.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes