cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails not being received. Sender gets "Content rejected (TT992)" error

Christo13
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 35

When sending emails from a Microsoft365 account (this is my work account in a school) to my tiscali email address and they get rejected  with an undeliverable message stating Content Rejected (TT992).

I have asked our IT team at work for help and they have updated policies on the school system but emails sent still continue to fail to send.  I get an undeliverable message.

There are lots of similar reports with other people having the same issues.

Can TalkTalk stop blocking genuine emails.

I don't know what other emails are failing to arrive in my personal email account but other companies have sent letters in recent months asking me to update my email address as it is invalid but the address is valid, it is just TalkTalk rejecting the messages.

34 REPLIES 34

Message 21 of 35

Thanks to those who've provided the sender domains. I've added them to the incident. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

BTFan
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 35

The issue is not resolved and I have missed e-mails from my car insurance company and local reputable garage. Both companies have e-mailed me many times in the past so this is a new e-mail problem that TalkTalk are taking too long to resolve. Other senders get their messages through but how many other e-mails am I missing?

Message 23 of 35

Thanks @Ady-TalkTalk 

The senders domain is @thebaptistcentre.org  emails are being rejected from @talktalk.net 

0 Likes

SindyKing
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 35

Me too, same problem.  Affected email @talktalk.net from @newlandjones.co.uk Please hurry up and get this sorted out!   

cm10nec gave this error:
ztQyrysYuxI4RztQzrkL3C Content rejected (TT992)

0 Likes

Message 25 of 35

Same issue, work emails from @amp-rose.com not arriving, undelivered message.

I also tried lots of test emails from family talktalk accounts and only 80% got through. The others are lost forever and worryingly I got no undelivered message, so I don't know what else has been lost and the sender doesn't realise

0 Likes

Doorbers1
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 35

My sender is sending from ….@biddulph high.co.uk

0 Likes

Message 27 of 35

Hi AJW73 and Doorbers1, please provide the senders email domain just the bit after @ symbol is needed. I'll then add them to the open incident. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Doorbers1
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 35

Hi.

Is there any solution to this ?

I’m in a similar problem. Emails I’ve previously received fine from work are no longer coming to my inbox and being bounced back to sender with that tt992 code .

Spent ages on web chat yesterday with talk talk just going round in circles and no solution .

0 Likes

Message 29 of 35

Hi Ady, Unfortunately the problem is not resolved.  The same error occurs as of 21:00 on 24/04/2024.  I think you know enough about it as loads of other people are posting about the same issue.  But here are details copied from the senders undeliverable message when sending from .....@chacademy.co.uk   to   ....@tiscali.co.uk  (email addresses redacted)   

cm7gb1 rejected your message to the following email addresses:

ra..........le@tiscali.co.uk (ra..........le@tiscali.co.uk)

There's a problem with the recipient's mailbox. Please try resending the message. If the problem continues, please contact your email admin.

cm7gb1 gave this error:

zidhrLSefbs0fzidhroar2 Content rejected (TT992)

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: AS1PR04MB9584.eurprd04.prod.outlook.com

ra............le@tiscali.co.uk

cm7gb1

Remote server returned '552 5.2.0 zidhrLSefbs0fzidhroar2 Content rejected (TT992)'

0 Likes

Message 30 of 35

I’m having the same problem. I’ve been on talktalk chat for the past 2 days and am no further on.  
All emails sent from my personal work email address (& from all my colleagues too!) to my talktalk.net email address are being rejected with the error code TT992

I seem to be receiving emails at talktalk.net from other addresses without problem - although who knows how many others are being rejected.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 31 of 35

Hi Longmane, could you Personal Message me the affected email address and the senders email address. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 32 of 35

Having had no problems before sending emails to one of my contacts she can't now reply to my talktalk email and gets the following bounce back....  is there a known issue?

cm11nec gave this error:
zYWBrsAs5kKvKzYWBrZOLH Content rejected (TT992)

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 33 of 35

I'm told the original issue is now resolved. If you're still having problems please let me know. 

Ady

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 34 of 35

Hi Christo13, we are aware of this issue and we've got an incident open for it. I'll post back to let you know when I get updates.

Ady

0 Likes