cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Reinstating Tiscali email in Outlook (MS Office and Android apps)

AndyCapp
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

I missed TalkTalk's emails about changing server settings on my preferred email apps (Outlook for MS Office and Android phone), and thought that the final reminder I received earlier this week was a scam. I've tried to update my Tiscali account settings, but it appears that I've been blocked as of today (17 February 2023). I can still access messages via the TalkTalk webpage or app, but want to reinstate my old Outlook service as soon as possible. Does anybody know what I need to do. I deleted my existing Tiscali account from Outlook; however, when I try to add it again, Outlook doesn't recognise my Tiscali email address (which it did until 15.00 UK time today). Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Andy,

Sorry for the delay. How are you getting on?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Ady,

Many thanks. Could you tell me how long it will take for full service to be restored? I'm trying to set up a new account for my Tiscali address in Outlook, having deleted the previous one when everything stopped working on Friday. The 'Getting things ready' dialogue box in Outlook tells me that 'We couldn't logon to the IMAP server'. I assume this is because full access to all devices is still blocked. I've checked my settings and password and all appears to be correct for my Tiscali address. Here are the account settings I'm using. Are they correct? If so, how do I go beyond the 'We couldn't logon' message above?

Incoming Mail: mail.talktalk.net

Port: 993

Encryption method: SSL/TLS

Require logon using SPA: unchecked

Outgoing Mail: smpt.talktalk.net

Port: 587

Encryption method: STARTTLS

Require logon using SPA: unchecked

I'm using the same password as that gives me access to the TalkTalk mail login page, which works fine. I've tried entering the same details on my Android phone and am being told that my username or password are incorrect. Please could you help me resolve this problem. Many thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi AndyCapp, I've added your mailbox to the list.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 9

Excellent. Outlook 365 is now set up for secure mail and Outlook for Android is secure by design.

A request is in to TalkTalk Support to restore full access for you next week. TalkTalk Support will respond right here.

The devices will re-authenticate a connection when access is back. Until then sign in to webmail to keep in touch.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

AndyCapp
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

Many thanks Gondola,

I'm using Windows 11 and the version of Outlook is:

Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2301 Build 16.0.16026.20002) 64-bit

I also use Outlook on my smartphone using the Android OS, which was upgraded with a major update last month. I've changed the secure settings in Outlook on the laptop (imap.talktalk.net & port 993, with SSL/TLS selected and 'Require login' box unchecked for incoming mail; smtp.talktalk.net & port 587, with STARTTLS selected and 'Require login' box checked'). When I try to save these settings, an Outlook dialogue box appears to tell me that 'We couldn't logon to the incoming IMAP server'. At least the secure settings are in place and ready for use.

I hope this information enables TalkTalk to resintate full access to my Tiscali emails via Outlook on the laptop and smartphone set-ups mentioned above.

Kind wishes...

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

What Operating system is on the device running Outlook as part of the Office Suite and what version is Outlook?  We need to know that it's capable of secure mail.

And are you using any other devices or mail collection services to view your mail messages?  All devices / softwares must use secure settings. So have you updated to secure settings ready for TalkTalk to restore access?

TalkTalk will not restore full access if you're continuing to use out of date software that's not capable of secure settings as that risks a further stop on insecure connections that would be permanent.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on a Windows PC

AndyCapp
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Many thanks Gondola. I've updated my profile and asked for full access to Tiscali messages to be reinstated. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it does the trick. All the best...

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Good to know that webmail is working to keep you in touch.

The email software will not authenticate a connection until TalkTalk restore full access upon your confirmation that secure settings are in place / ready to be put into place.

What Operating system is on the device running Outlook as part of the Office Suite and what version is Outlook?

Outlook for Android is secure by design as is webmail so neither of those will be the cause of limiting your access to webmail only. Which points the finger at Outlook or whatever other mail collection service or other device you may have been using. Every device / software must use secure settings.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing restoration and your customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile