cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Reinstating Tiscali email in Outlook (MS Office and Android apps)

MarkD67
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 8 of 8

Hi Gondola,

Where can I confirm that secure settings are in place / ready to be put into place. so I can get my email restored?

I've changed all the settings as requested.

Best regards

Mark

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Mark,

Apologies for  the delay, if you still need assistance can you please start your own thread (if you haven't already) and we'll be happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Ady, 

I just wondered when accounts will be restored?

Best regards

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi MarkD67,

I'm trying to set up a new account for my Tiscali address in Outlook, having deleted the previous one when everything stopped working on Friday. The 'Getting things ready' dialogue box in Outlook tells me that 'We couldn't logon to the IMAP server'. I've checked my settings and password and all appears to be correct for my Tiscali address. Here are the account settings I'm using. Are they correct? If so, how do I go beyond the 'We couldn't logon' message above?

Incoming Mail: mail.talktalk.net

Port: 993

Encryption method: SSL/TLS

Require logon using SPA: unchecked

Outgoing Mail: smpt.talktalk.net

Port: 587

Encryption method: STARTTLS

Require logon using SPA: unchecked

I'm using the same password as that gives me access to the TalkTalk mail login page, which works fine. I've tried entering the same details on my Android phone and am being told that my username or password are incorrect. Please could you help me resolve this problem. Many thanks in advance...

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi MarkD67 

Mail sending will not work because you have the Connection Security for the outgoing server (SMTP) set to SSL/TLS and that needs to be STARTTLS.  Other than that all looking OK.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

MarkD67
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Hi,

Here are screen shots of my settings.

Besscreen 1.jpgscreen 2.jpgt regards

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi MarkD67, I've added your mailbox to the list to be restored. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Tell us what devices you use for email, what operating system and what email software and version is in use.

All devices must use secure settings.

For positive confirmation that you're ready for secure access, take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of your email address / username and upload here using the camera icon (desktop browser) picture icon (mobile browser) above this Reply area.

Top tip: Any device that has incoming server ports set to either 110 or 143 is not using secure settings.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution