cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Persistent line faults

Teric
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 26 of 26

Persistent line faults

Since January 16th I have had 10 line faults. I have gone through the usual:-

Plug in to openereach socket.

Do a factory reset on router.

Disconnect everything except for PC.

Despite all of this I still get my TV saying 'no signal' at times and my phone cutting out at times.

The we are fixing your fault message appears for a couple of days and I then get a message to say that it is fixed. In the meantime my broadband is either side of the minimum guaranteed which is 35 as I have fibre 65. Occasionally it climbs to 50 without me doing anything.

Can anybody suggest how to restore my service?

Teric

Long suffering TT customer
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Hi Teric

How are you getting on, how has the connection been?

Message 2 of 26
0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

Thanks Chris,   I will have to give this some thought as I will be out of contract in 6 weeks time and I am considering going to full fibre. I will get back to you in a day or 2.

Regards. Teric

0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

Hi Teric,

Line test isn't picking up and issues at the moment. There were a lot of disconnection on the 29th but seems to have been pretty stable since. If the disconnections are continuing with the replacement router then we can arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

Message 5 of 26

Hi Michelle,

Sorry, but this is like groundhog Day for me. Since January you have tested the line a dozen or more times after a fault has been recorded and after some tests the line is fine and we move on until the next time and then we start all over again. I have an intermittent fault that has not been cured yet. What has changed so far is trying a new router but this has not cured the fault. I am happy to connect to the openreach socket and turn off all connections just let me know when you want to test the line again, I just wonder when the line test shows no fault what has changed?

Regards. Teric

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. There is currently planned engineering work happening at the moment so I will check this again later on today. If this has completed then we can run another test on the line.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

Hi Chris,

I replied via email but suspect it does not work?

I do not get a crackle on the phone line but it cut out mid call when my son called me a couple of days ago.

It is not connected at the moment because I am plugged in to openness socket.

Also I have had some drops on the broadband while streaming Netflix.

Regards Teric
0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

OK thanks. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

Hi Chris,

I have had numerous times when the signal has dropped over the weekend. Speed is around 37-38.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

Hi Teric,

Thanks for the update, how has it been since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Staff are not on here at weekends, @Teric. They'll follow up on Monday. Leave it plugged in at the test socket and switched on. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 12 of 26

Hi Chris, I have finally managed to take the face plate off my bt openreach socket and connect the new router to it. I am still having line problems, I did a test this morning. Broadband has also had a couple of stutters and speed is similar to old router.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 26
0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

Hi Debbie,

Yes thank you I have received the router you sent and it is now connected. I changed the network name to the old router so the existing WiFi setup does not need changing. I need to remove the faceplate to connect to the Openreach socket but as my son has been working all day on WiFi I have not been able to do this yet. I will do it later today and let you know.

Kind regards.  Teric

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26
0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

Many thanks Debbie I will be back in touch as soon as I can.

Message 18 of 26

Hi Teric

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 19 of 26

Sorry Michelle, I have a router but no power lead so I cannot swap. If you could send me a router that would be great.

Thanks.   Eric

0 Likes

Message 20 of 26

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming. If you have any issues connecting it then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out.

Thanks