cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Landline Fault

cfam1
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

I recently returned home (after being away for a short while) to discover that there is a fault with my landline, which may have been running for a couple of months.

I checked and found I cannot make outgoing calls (the handset displays the message 'call in progress') nor receive incoming calls (members of my family have tried calling my landline).  I have also noticed my broadband service has become flakey.

I have used the line test feature and this has raised a fault record (REP-12806363).   I was prompted to book an appointment for an Open Reach Engineer.  However, when I try to do so all I get is an error message:

"We’ve run into a problem. Sorry, we’re working hard to resolve this issue. Please try again later."

Well, now it's later and I still cannot make a booking. 

So what can you do about this?

Regards,

cfam

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi

Glad to hear that the line issue has resolved. The line speed may improve as the DLM system periodically checks the line.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hello Debbie,

I can confirm that I can now make and receive telephone calls via my landline connection.  The broadband speed has improved, although I think it is still at a moderate speed.  (I'm sure I was getting a higher download speed before the fault.)  My broadband speed check, using a wired connection to the router, gives an average of 16 Mb/s for download and 9 Mb/s for upload.

With regard to the landline fault, this can be marked resolved.

Thank you for your assistance and for the status updates  - which I appreciate.

Regards,

cfam

Message 3 of 13

Hi cfam1

Openreach have now closed this fault as resolved. Please can you retest?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13
0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Thank you for the updates.

Message 6 of 13

Hi cfam1

I can see that the fault has been assigned to a line engineer this morning, we should hopefully have further updates from Openreach later this afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi cfam1

This fault is still with Openreach. I will continue to monitor for further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi cfam1

Thanks for the Private Message.

The line test is detecting a potential line fault so I have escalated this to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer first.

I will continue to monitor for additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi cfam1

Apologies for this. I will try and send you a Private Message, please can you try and reply to my message.

Thanks

0 Likes

cfam1
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 10 of 13

The message is ambiguous - it doesn't say how many private messages I am allowed to send - although why there is a limit is a bit of a puzzle, and doesn't say how long I should wait before trying again!  Do I wait 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 6 hours, a day, a week, a month even. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hi Debbie,

Just tried to send you a private message, as requested, but get the following error message "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later. "  Odd really since you are the only one who has asked so far.  Have you received the message?

cfam

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

HI cfam1

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can see that there are 2 different landline numbers in your Community Profile, please can you send me a Private Message to confirm which line/number has the fault.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes