cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile support

For any questions about your TalkTalk mobile service.

Cannot access emails via Samsung email app

EricJ1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Hi, 

I have seen other posts like this and have tried to use the tips from those to no avail, sorry to create another of these.

I have a Samsung S10 and downloaded the Samsubg email app to view my emails.

I have tried to update the server settings but nothing seems to work. I've tried the following:

- changed password

- logged in via web browser so i know the password is correct

- updated server settings (using imap settings and changed them to imap.talktalk.net etc

- I've done a soft reset of my phone

-my phone has been updated to the most up to date version

So just at a bit of a loss. I'm no longer a Talk Talk customer but still have my tiscali email address.

If anyone can help me that would be great

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi EricJ1, I've added your mailbox to the list of those to be returned to full function.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

I guess you're trying settings because email recently stopped working? TalkTalk will notify you in advance of TalkTalk Mail being limited to webmail only access if:

• You're not a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer or MailPlus subscriber
    Or the mailbox address is not added to an active customer MyAccount
  • Any device email software, email app, or mail collection service connects to your mailbox using insecure settings
    Secure mail connections to your mailbox must all be made using a minimum of TLS 1.2 encryption security and sign in using the email address and email password
  • There's continued use of out of date email software, operating system or legacy email settings
    We can advise on device and software compatibility and provide customer setup guides

The Samsung S10 using Android 9 and the latest Samsung email app is capable of secure mail using the email app 6.1.75.  The email app will not authenticate until TalkTalk Support do restore IMAP access to the mailbox.

A request for full access is in. TalkTalk Support will respond here next week to let you know that access for the email address in your Community profile Private notes will be restored. Please add.

In the meantime, use webmail via an up to date browser to keep in touch.

To clarify, the Samsung email app server settings are:

IMAP Incoming server: mail.talktalk.net

Security type: SSL

Port: 993

SMTP Outgoing server: smtp.talktalk.net

Security type: TLS

Port: 587

Require authentication to send emails: ON

The offer is here to check all the ways you connect to the mailbox. All devices and mail collection services must use secure settings.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution