cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Failed recordings

Linda89
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

For the last few weeks I have 2 progremmes that are set to records multiple times a week but they seem to fail to record at least once a week. There is never a conflict in schedule and Ive tried taking them off series link and relinking them aswell as changing from ITV to ITV +1 but the issue keeps happening. 

We have also retuned the box during this time

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

If the box is fully failing now, it cannot be replaced as TalkTalk no longer issue these older Youview boxes.

You may be able to request one of the New TV Hubs depending on your package / contract etc. You may be required to renew depending on how near to the end of the contract you are etc.

Give our customer teams a call and they can discuss this with you.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

@Karl-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi

OK, thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Hi Karl, just to update you it had not worked. We have had multiple failed recordings in the last few days. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi

OK, thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Karl, 

I have done the maintenance reset, its too early to tell for sure as it didn't always fail to record but the two yesterday were ok

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Linda89,

Did you try the maintenance reset or did you have no option to try the full reset, did any of these suggestions help ?

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Linda89

Try the maintenance reset that Keith mentions.  If this fails to resolve the issue then the only option left is to try the full factory reset from the settings menu to clear the drive of any corrupt files, however this will erase any recordings you currently have.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Thank you, I have done this and will see how it goes

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

If you are talking about the DN372T, I too have had this problem. Have you tried the maintenance reset that keeps your existing recordings? 

To do this:-

1. Turn the unit off at the rear.
2. Turn it back on again
3. Press the On button on the front and then press + and - buttons on the front of the box at the same time for 15 seconds.
4. Using your remote scroll down to Factory reset Keep recordings and press OK. If your remote does not work, you can use the + and - buttons on the box.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes