cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

private email to talktalk staff

computerman1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

how do i send private email so i can show email address safelty only to tt staff

bobg
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Hi @computerman1 

You've sent me a Private Message asking if I can rename or delete a TalkTalk Mail email address for you because you're receiving bitcoin spam. I'm not authorised to do either of these functions and in fact the renaming of a mailbox email address is not possible. 

However, I can advise that whilst user deletion of mailbox email addresses is not possible, at present, you can give instructions for mailbox deletion to the TalkTalk Data Protection Office team.  Can take up to 30 days but the team are good and the timeframe is typically a couple of weeks.

See the GDPR help page item  'Your Right to be Forgotten / Right to Erasure '. There's a postal address, which in my view is the best way to contact the Data Protection team to verify you are the registered user of the email address, but you can initiate a contact via any of the TalkTalk contact methods.

Let us know how you get on.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Selected TalkTalk Community Support staff can access your Community profile Private Notes so that's where to put email addresses with relevant notes.

For TalkTalk Support include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email addresses etc

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution