cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

New TV box not arrived

pne168
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I had a long livechat session over a week ago and was promised a new TV box. This has not arrived and I have not received any confirmation about this

Ns
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

The legacy youview box will work as it just needs a connection to the internet, any TalkTalk TV box will work on your line, what I'm trying to say is that at present our systems and City Fibre systems have not been integrated yet for the provision of TalkTalk TV.  so it's not a TV BOX issue it's a system / process issue.

At present TalkTalk TV is not provided to customers over City Fibre connections and our systems will not send out TV Boxes to customers who have their connection via City Fibre.

This is currently a business decision / process and until such time as this changes, a TV Box cannot be provided to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

pne168
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Hi Karl,

I still do not understand how my talktalk  tv services works at the moment if I have a City Fibre connection, which you have clearly said is not compatible. Is there someone I can speak to so that I can understand this?

Ns
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

City Fibre are an altnet service (alternative Network) provider used by TalkTalk however at present TalkTalk TV services are not set up for City Fibre at this time and no TV Box etc can be provided to customers connected over City Fibre.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

pne168
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Hi Karl,

I am confused. The city fibre box is connected to a Talktalk router and to my existing tv box (dn372t)

which works for the guide but does not always record programmes correctly. . I also have a landline still connected on the old system. Do I need to get city fibre to remove their connection?

Ns
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

I know you are a TalkTalk customer, but I'm showing you have a full fibre service (FTTP) via City Fibre.

At present City Fibre provisions are not compatible for TalkTalk TV and no TV box can be ordered. The system will not allow for this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

pne168
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Hi Karl,

no this is not correct. I am a Talktalk customer and have been for many years.

Can you please check to confirm this

Ns
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi

I'm showing that you are a City Fibre customer.

TalkTalk TV is not currently available to City Fibre Customers, so no TV box will be provided.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes